Monday, December 1, 2008

Introducing Our New Blog

We are a mother and son team who share some wonderful things. First we share our love for the Babe who is our Savior, the Prince of Peace. Also we share our love for the Christmas story and surprisingly, we share our birthday, December 25th! On our blog we would like to share some of our favorite nativity sets/scenes that our family has acquired over many years.

Today, to help us get acquainted, we will share a story that I sent to one of our local newspapers a few years ago. This was in response to the newspapers call for "Holiday Memories". I could not resist the chance to share our special story.

OUR FIRST CHRISTMAS TOGETHER

Holidays are necessary! I come from a very holiday oriented family who made me feel very, very special because I was born on Christmas Day. In 1976, the bicentennial year, my husband and I were excited to learn that I was to have a bicentennial baby! But wait, the due date was December 25th! Could we do it? I'm very stubborn and hopeful so we picked names related to the Chrismas season.
I was overjoyed when my labor started at 5 o'clock Christmas morning. We had opened our gifts the night before just in case- this tradition has endured the years. In the delivery room, after a long day , I finally said, "Doctor, are we having a Christmas baby or not? When he smiled and responded with, "it's up to you", my stubborness, my hopefulness, my joy kicked in and the best little Christmas present I ever had was born that evening at 11:45 P.M. We did it!

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland, Noelle! This is very exciting.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, thanks for your support. this whole process is fun and yes, exciting. I's a previlege to share the things we care about.Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT A JOY.I HAVE COLD CHILLS ALL OVER ME.YOU AND YOUR SON,BORN ON JESUS' BIRTHDAY.HOW VERY SPECIAL...ANN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Noelle,
    What a wonderful story! I love the name your mother gave you on your Christmas birthday! You forgot to tell us your son's Christmas name! My grandmother was born on Christmas Day and we always gave her two gifts on Christmas!

    Your Nativities are beautiful, I look forward to seeing more. I'm even thinking of doing a blog for my Nativity collection as well, but it will take a while to do!

    Nice to meet you! I really enjoy your sister and her blogs.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noelle,
    Do you mind if I feature your blog on my blog sidebar the way I do Carrie's?

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Katherine:
    Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to feature our blog on your blog sidebar. This is so much fun! Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas baby having a Christmas baby? Too cool! Way to go MOM! (did you plan it that way:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Carla: My Christmas baby will be 32 this year. I still think it was a neat trick that we pulled. But I can't take credit for planning
    it! Noelle

    ReplyDelete