Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Scripture Nativity Set



This one is new to the collection this year. It was a gift to me from my husband Michael. He and I never tire of "The Story" and are intrigued with this set. All pieces are of fired clay and then painted and given a nice glaze, including the stable. The stable as well as each character has a Bible text pertaining to the birth of Jesus. Baby Jesus who is removable from the manger does not have a text written on him. I hope you are as delighted with this one as we are! (In my excitment at placing the characters so that you would be able to read some of the texts, I placed Joseph and Mary on opposite ends of the photo. Needless to say, on our display table, The Trio are together once again.)

3 comments:

  1. Jeannette: I'm so glad you like this set. Have you seen the angel posted this date? Tell your friends! Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious set with all the Bible verses on the figurines!
    I am working on a similar set that started when we went to the marketplace flea market in September. I have everything but the Family.
    Carrie - Carola Nativity Gallery blog

    ReplyDelete